Monday, June 1, 2009

Wallenberg "Back to the Berg" 2009

As life sometimes does, time has been folding in on itself keeping me from the mentally therapeutic aspects of my life (such as this blog) . . . case in point Back to the Berg post I started two days after it happended, is now the better part of a year late! Nonetheless, I have finished it and as I am pretty happy with some of the action (and the amount of friends) I documented . . . here it is. Enjoy!

On Saturday May 30th 2009, Thrasher, Zero, Quiksilver and DVS threw what is most likely the last hurrah for the Historical skateboarding landmark known as "the Wallenberg four". I cannot say just how many people showed up for this event, but it was staggering . . . and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Hopefully, if you weren't able to be in SF for this skateboard blowout, you got to see it on the live feeds that I understand were going during the event. If you didn't have at least that luck, here is what I was able to document for posterity (and insanity's) sake. Enjoy!

Photobucket
Pre Jam predictions on the landing strip.

Photobucket
With Chris Cole out front, the Chosen few ponder the possibilities.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Marissa Del Santo gave impressive and valiant efforts . . . I've seen people ride away as far as she did in a game of S.K.A.T.E. and count it - really cool. Girls in skateboarding . . . are here!

Photobucket
Jordan Hoffart . . . incredible and under rated Canadian. Frontside varial heelflip

Photobucket
Andrew Pott - perfect hardflip


Photobucket
Nick Merlino - Switch Heelflip

Photobucket
Chris Cole, MONSTER! Switch frontside flip.

Photobucket
Whoever this warrior is, he tried nollie 360s like 20 times and got close on about half.

Photobucket
Lizard King. I now understand why he is notable - he is amazing, creative and seemingly fearless. Backside 180 one foot in thong underwear (just kidding - shoe string belt).

Photobucket

Photobucket
Man of the day (month, year and decade) Chris Cole, me and some kid trying to explode me with his mind. By the end of the session Cole had bagged it with a backside 360 ollie (2nd try), and a switch frontside flip . . . FU$&!!

(WALLENBERG PART 2) Peeps in the house!
Photobucket
Darin Howard looks down into the sea of skaters

Photobucket
My best friend and skate destroyer Bart Fasano-Jones and fellow Marinite, James Norton

Photobucket
DLX crew.

Photobucket
The Hagar brothers . . . . inner circle nomads.

Photobucket
A packed crowd including Elements key . . . elements.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Toad and Salazar chat it up.

Photobucket
Legendary smooth operator, Rick Howard

Photobucket
The Maker

Photobucket
My Ace and yours, Steve "Shrewgy" Ruge.

Photobucket
Tony Vitello






No comments: