Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pattaya Adventure . . .

It was Mother's Day weekend in Thailand (Happy Mother's Day Mom, I Love You!), so we decided to take a trip to the infamous Pattaya. The best description I can think of to describe this city is Cabo on Steroids. There is SO much going on and so much potential for mayhem it almost defies belief . . . of course we stayed out of most of it ;)
Here are some of the strange and wonderful goings on in Pattaya for the crew which consisted of;
Myself, Mike Opalek (inline coach), Martti (flatland coach), Note (inline skater), Nui (one of my skateboarders), Noi (our medical technician) and Pup (Noi's friend from Bangkok) . . .
(OH, CLICK ON PHOTOS TO ENLARGE!!)










This was our day at the beach. Fun in the sun, relaxing with Coconut juice and a huge seafood spread throughout the afternoon . . . Top picture (left to right)- Mike, Noi, Pup, Note and Nui.








As Usual, there is fun and games along the way . . . this one was "the bush jump", which I decided to dive right into. Around this time of night, Note transforms into a Warlock and starts trying to cast spells and stuff . . . pretty cool.




Mike and I met up at the International Meeting Street . . . where the world comes to um, meet I guess. On this street at night, the girls will be boys (proceed with caution . . . Martti!)




Riding around in an open air taxi - me Martti and Note




The fish eyeball challenge. After, we claimed the Grouper carcass for the good 'ol US of A . . . and replaced the eye with a cherry!




Night Life is abundant in Pattaya no matter what team you're on!

More Pattaya to come after I transfer my photos . . . this batch courtesy of Mike.
Cheers From Paradise!

1 comment:

chelsa said...

I thought I made it pretty clear - NO Bush Diving on your trip!